Tuesday, August 14, 2012

ARTIST TO WATCH: KURT VILE


i have a friend in portland, oregon that is my music guru. he has been my go to friend for new music for years now, and i could perhaps contribute my love of the sweet details of life to him as well. recently he told me to look up kurt vile and i have been in love ever since. 
in 2003 vile founded the band "war on drugs" before focusing on his solo career in 2008. in 2011 vile released his fourth studio album, "smoke ring for my halo", and it is beautiful. full of smooth and entrancing vocals and guitar, it makes me weak in the knees. apparently others felt the same way as this album found its way to the top of all the major "best of 2011" album lists. 
for a download off the latest album click >>> HERE <<<





/////photos: one; two; three/melnutrision //four/the line of best fit //five/shawn brackbill//six/red onion records and books //seven/friends with both arms///////

No comments:

Post a Comment